We're giving away a $25 iTunes gift card as part of the "Apps 4 Children With Special Needs" Rafflecopter party.
Enter for your chance to win our $25 gift card. Then, visit the Rafflecopter Party for your chance to win more great prizes.
We've updated Rocket Speller once again!
In this release we've added more words and more fun. Version 2.0 includes over 20 new words, taking us to over 120 words in total! As for fun, we've turned the rocket launch into a mini game. After the rocket takes off, kids can steer the rocket and try to collect 12 stars (one for each word they spelled)!
Little Big Thinkers is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. Recent discussions within the group have surrounded a consistent way to inform parents of what things (eg advertising, in app purchases, etc) apps do and do not include.
As parents ourselves, we know how important it is that apps to behave responsibly, and be upfront about what they do and do not include. This is especially true when it comes to privacy, social media, purchasing, and advertising. On that note - here is more information about our app Rocket Speller:
- Anonymous usage information is collected using a highly-reputable service called Flurry Analytics. All data is aggregated and completely anonymous. Understanding how the app is used helps us to improve and refine. If you would like additional information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. You may quickly and easily opt-out from participating by visiting www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html.
- Our 'Info Tab' contains one nondescript 'text-only' link (i.e. touch this word) intended for parents and educators who read the text on the Info tab. The link is for rating the app in the iTunes App Store and has been retained for your convenience. All other external links and social media links have been removed.
- NO push notifications
- NO in-app purchases
- NO ads
- NO social media links
We want to keep improving Rocket Speller so today we've launched version 1.3. In this version:
- More than 30 new words
- Removed external links from the info tab
- Kids can now steer the rocket as it flies into space
- Bug fixes for older iPod touches
- Various other minor improvements
- Improved the look of the app icon
Hot off the presses: Rocket Speller 1.2 is available now in the App Store. New in this release:
- There are over 30 new words!
- We've added a progress indicator (stars at the bottom of the screen) so it's clear how far through the game you have gone
- The app is more responsive, especially on older devices.
We've been pleased with the success of Rocket Speller so far, and have decided to keep the app free. We've got a lot of great new apps in the pipeline as well. Stay tuned!
We're pleased to announce that Rocket Speller, our first app, is now available in the App Store.
Rocket Speller is a fun and engaging spelling app for 3-7 year olds.
Kids join Zip the alien on an out-of-this-world spelling adventure to build a fancy new rocket. With 4 levels of difficulty, kids spell words to fuel his spaceship and help him choose the rocket pieces he needs.
Correctly place letters to spell words and move through the game. Choose a rocket nose, body, and boosters. Once Zip has collected all the pieces, launch it from the launch pad and watch it soar into space!
Level 1 - Place letters in any order. Letter hints given.
Level 2 - Must place letters in order. Letter hints given.
Level 3 - Simple words. Must place letters in order. No hints.
Level 4 - Complex words. Must place letters in order. No hints.
As a special surprise (and to invoke a giggle), touch Zip on the spelling pages and see what he does!
- Learn to spell words in a way that is fun, interactive and promotes self-initiated skill progression
- Develop awareness of how letters combine to form words
- Develop awareness of left to right order
- Promote letter recognition
- Reinforce knowledge of letter names
- Enhance vocabulary
- Kid-friendly interface
- 4 levels of difficulty engage children at different stages of development
- A combination of simple and complex words to enhance vocabulary
- Words are different every time you play
- Choose upper or lower-case letters
- Hundreds of possible rocket combinations!
- Interactive alien
- High quality production standards